How can i tell what discs my drive accepts?

theDarkness 13:49 25 Feb 08

I have an optiarc AD-7530B dvd+r dl drive on my laptop and am trying to find out if it also accepts single layer -r minus discs as i have a set and am wondering if i could do damage in trying them out or not. Does anyone know if there are any small programs to tell me what my drive can use or not as the laptop is of no help. Thanks :-)

Demora 13:55 25 Feb 08

Do you Have Nero? This will tell you what type of disks it will read/write Under tools info tool.

D

theDarkness 14:15 25 Feb 08

Thanks for the reply :-) I have nero but it doesnt work on my vista laptop and cant download a trial of the latest version as no net at the moment (using a k800 on here). tried googling my drive model but cant find out what is and isnt compatible :-S anyone have any ideas?

Totally-braindead 14:18 25 Feb 08

As far as I know trying another type of disk would do no harm even if its not supported - it just wouldn't work, probably wouldn't see the disk in the first place. I say as far as I know as I've never tried this but cannot see how it could harm anything.

theDarkness 15:20 25 Feb 08

yeah thats what i thought, prob wouldnt even get to the burning stage, but theres always the warnings on disc or drive warranties saying damage could occur but then i suppose thats just covering their back and not as if it would be a common thing to happen, if ever. i think ill try it, if it doesnt work ill know where to send the bill B-) jk! lol

Demora 10:26 26 Feb 08

There maybe something here click here

D

brundle 10:28 26 Feb 08

Infotool from Ahead provides the info Demora mentioned; click here

eedcam 11:05 26 Feb 08

You can download and install Imgburner
click here
When installed click on Discovery >tools >drive > capabilities it will then show all discs your drive can read or write they will be ticked and no you cant tick any others . BY the way probably a better burner than nero

BT 16:41 26 Feb 08

DVD Identifier from here
click here
Not only gives you all the header details from your DVD discs but also tells you what discs your drives support - and its free!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5