how can I tell .... motherboard question ?

woofwoofbark 17:32 30 May 06

How can I tell what maximum strength CPU and hard drive capacity that I can add to my motherboard ?

I bought my comp from a friend and have added more memory from 256MB to 512MB plus another 80GB maxtor HD

I have found the manual for the board online but cant make head'nor'tail of it :s I did find though that I can have upto 2GB DDR or 3GB SDRAM memory , but dont understand the info on CPU/HD ...

I have
Windows XP HE
AMD Athlon 1400+
120GB HD (80gig plus a 40gig)
Nvidia Gefore 3 graphics card
and 512MB DDR memory...

the board is an ASUS A7A266

I hope someone can help

thanks

geo g

ade.h 17:51 30 May 06

The latest BIOS rev, or your current rev, should note the maximum supported CPU on the website.

If you give us a link to either manual or the updates, someone will find/interpret the info for you.

woofwoofbark 17:59 30 May 06

I have a link to the pdf manual , you have to open or save it though ! click here

thanks

geo g

woofwoofbark 18:05 30 May 06

I found a program that shows all my comps info .. SIW , System Info Windows ...

It says the BIOS's .. version ASUS A7A266 ACPI BIOS revision 1012 , release date 04/30/2003 plus BIOS version 42302e31

I have no clue about BIOS except that you can upgrade ? but that its a dangerous procedure ?? How can I tell If I have the latest version and if not should I upgrade ??

my comp skills are novice at best especially when it comes to components and the like , getting on the net is easier lol

thanks

geo g

Stuartli 18:13 30 May 06

Reviews here:

click here

click here

Downloads:

click here

CPU support:

click here

Stuartli 18:14 30 May 06

Info on updating Bios etc:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…