How can i tell if USB2?

throwitoutthewindow 22:23 15 Oct 04

I put a new USB2 card into my PC and seems to work. From other threads I can see I got a USB Enhanced Controller in device Manager. How can I tell it is actually transmitting at 400M and not 12M of USB1.1?

woodchip 22:35 15 Oct 04

What OS and have you installed drivers? if not a XP computer

throwitoutthewindow 12:37 16 Oct 04

I am using Me and installed drivers provided. The port works with a scanner and printer, but I just wondered if there was a way I could find out if itwas transmitting at USB2 speeds or USB1. My scanner is USB2 so it shoudl do it. Any easy way to tell if it actually is. Other threads describe poeple buying USB cartds but find they only work at USB1.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:57 16 Oct 04

If a USB2 device is only working at 12mbs (USB! speed) an error mesage appears that says something like:

this device can perform faster if plugged into a Hispeed port for a list of ports click here.

throwitoutthewindow 13:07 16 Oct 04

I don't get any error messages and it appears to scan faster than it did so I guess it really isworking at USB2.0 speeds and by lcuk I have avoided problems others have had.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…