How can i switch from VGA to DVI ?

NoeK 18:08 14 Feb 05

Hi there

I'm using the Philips 170S5/FB00 TFT monitor (click here) which came with a grey VGA cable. I will be purchasing the Radeon 9800 PRO graphic card soon and i noticed it has connectors for both VGA and DVI. After reading somewhere that DVI is generally accepted as the better choice of the two, i was wandering whether there is anyway i can use DVI instead; would i need to buy an adapter or a new cable, or will the monitor only accept VGA?

Thanks in advance.

megat193 18:31 14 Feb 05

Followed your link and the specification states, under 'Connectivity' that signal input is Analogue (VGA), there is no mention of DVI. I guess that the monitor will only accept VGA input, which is still good. When you have both monitor and Radeon card you will be able to compare the sockets and if the monitor has DVI as well as VGA then you will need to buy a DVI lead (Maplins, PC World, etc). However, It looks as though VGA is the only option.

Good Luck.

NoeK 18:32 14 Feb 05

Thanks alot for your response. Ill post you of any updates when i get the card.

Best regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…