How can I successfully add the unallocated space to my wanted partition?

Frederica36587 05:31 24 Dec 13

I have a drive with three partitions and some unallocated space. So, in order to make full use of my drive space, I am wondering to add the unallocated space to my system partition C. But, as I try to extend it in Disk Management, the “Extend” option is grayed out and cannot be used. How can I successfully add the unallocated space to my wanted partition? Do you have any efficient and practical way? Thank you in advance!

canarieslover 08:03 24 Dec 13

You can only add the unallocated space to the partition showing next to it. I is possible to eventually add it to the C: drive if you MOVE the other partitions along the drive until the unallocated space is adjacent to C:. You will then find that the EXTEND function won't be 'greyed out' and you will be able to use it to add unallocated space to C". Be certain that you have back ups of all your data as the process is not without some danger of corruption of the partitions, particularly if you are getting short of free space.

alanrwood 17:16 24 Dec 13

How much space is actually unallocated. Unless it is a substantial amount it isn't worth the hastle. There can sometimes be a few MB (MegaBytes not GigaBytes)left over so check this out carefully.

Bblythe3256 07:06 27 Dec 13

You may not know the “Extend” option in Disk Management only can work as your unallocated space is exactly beside the C drive. But, don’t worry! Without this option, you also can successfully extend your C partition with the help of a third party partition resizing tools. In fact, as I know, there are many partition resizing tools that can help you easily add your unallocated space to your C partition, including:

IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free

1">[click here Partition Manager**

3">[click here of them have been tried and tested by many people over the internet, especially the first one that has a really easy-to-use interface. Just select a proper one for your C drive. Note: To avoid any unwanted data loss, you’d better back up everything important well.

GParted

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

**Active All

Bblythe3256 07:13 27 Dec 13

You may not know the “Extend” option in Disk Management only can work as your unallocated space is exactly beside the C drive. But, don’t worry! Without this option, you also can successfully extend your C partition with the help of a third party partition resizing tools.

In fact, as I know, there are many partition resizing tools that can help you easily add your unallocated space to your C partition, including:

IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free click here Partition Manager** click here of them have been tried and tested by many people over the internet, especially the first one that has a really easy-to-use interface. Just select a proper one for your C drive.

Note: To avoid any unwanted data loss, you’d better back up everything important well.

GParted http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

**Active All

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac