how can i stop the "region changes remaining" dvd

DrLector 22:43 28 Dec 03

when i put a region 1 dvd in my player/burner i get a message saying that i can only change my region codeing 2 more times, as im backing up allot of my dvd witch are region 1 and 2 i need both setings , is there any way to stop the region codeing swoping from running out.
thanks.

MAJ 22:48 28 Dec 03

Yes there is but I'm not sure if posting about them is against this site's T & Cs or not.

johnnyrocker 23:20 28 Dec 03

a good sense of caution it is possible but you would need tp look elsewhere for the answer.

johnny.

DAG88 23:32 28 Dec 03

comon, your being a bit stingy here, dont u think? He does not want to change the regoin code for bad purposes so why not tell him???

SEASHANTY 16:25 29 Dec 03

The inmatrix website appears to be down. If you type in the web address commencing www. then follow this with inmatrix.com it will bring up the google site with a web page listing googles cache of inmatrix. Click on this then when the inmatrix page loads look on the left hand side for information and click on DVD firmware. I do not know if this will be of any help to you or not.

inmatrix.com was the website for DVD GENIE.

SEASHANTY 16:36 29 Dec 03

You could also have a look at the digital-digest website click here

Legolas 18:04 29 Dec 03
  dazzling (work) 20:52 29 Dec 03

try click here should get some links from there.or do a google search for multi region firmware.to make your dvd multi region which there is no law against as far as im aware you need to flash the firmware.bear in mind doing this with region free firmware will invalidate your warranty and may also render your dvd unusable if it goes wrong.you may also want to bear in mind that backing up dvd's in this country is illegal.darren

deggsymann 08:09 30 Dec 03

As you are only 'backing up' your dvds in case they get scratched etc try AnyDVD from Slysoft Inc. This disables your region code - in effect making you region free without touching your hardware at all.
If you are copying dvds for resale which is illegal you should ignore what i have just written.

dazzling (work) 10:43 30 Dec 03

as disscussed in several very long threads on this site it is illegal to make backup copies of anything copyrighted in this country in america the law allows you to make backup copies.darren

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…