how can i stop people from copying my pics ?

DrLector 10:41 05 Aug 08

hi
is there a way that when i upload pics on ebay or facebook there is anyway that i could protect them from being copied, ie when you hover over a pic, right click and go to save ,it wont let you do it, i know its possible as iv found that out when i tried to save a pic of something iv just one on ebay, it wouldn't let me copy it, anyway it would be very helpful to have such a program

thanks for any help

pleas pleas don't reply with "don't upload the pics"

rdave13 10:53 05 Aug 08

Found this but never used it or how much it costs; click here

rdave13 11:33 05 Aug 08

Here's another one; click here

Seth Haniel 11:48 05 Aug 08

afraid if you can see picture you can get it

just by 'print screen' and paste into irfanview or similar and save

rdave13 12:02 05 Aug 08

Use something like Paint.Net to put a watermark on it.

gazzaho 12:03 05 Aug 08

You could watermark the picture, that way you would at least be credited for taking it.

User2008 12:47 05 Aug 08

Watermark it.

That's the best and esy way, just load it into paint and write your ebay ID on a part that it would be hard to remove from.

Jak_1 13:44 05 Aug 08

Don't use high quality pics, downgrade them using a graphics program, even the basic ones can do this. As rdave13 says, put a watermark on the pic. A copyright sign + your name will surfice, try to put it as near to the centre of the pic as possible but without detracting from the product you are trying to sell.

carmichy 13:56 05 Aug 08

Now living in the Philippines I visited the UK Embassy website on line and I was not allowed to copy or paste any thing. It told me I was a very bad boy to even think of trying to copy and paste. I am looking for a conclusion to this thread

MAJ 14:09 05 Aug 08

There is no way to definitively protect the pictures you upload to the web. As has been stated above, the best you can do is fool the uninitiated by disabling right-click and other similar methods. If they can be seen, they can be copied/downloaded. Watermark them or upload a thumbnail version. But I suspect you already know the only way of protecting them is by doing what you told no one to suggest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant