How can I speed up my mouse?

Dazwm 18:23 12 May 03

I have a normal PS/2 mouse and I am running XP, the problem is the pointer speed is not fast enough for me. I have got it at maximum speed but is there a program that will make it faster?

Djohn 18:28 12 May 03

Do you meen the actual movement accross the screen or the double click speed?

If the D/Click, then slow it down to approx. half way on the slider bar, having it at full speed is too fast for you to react to a double click.

If it is the movement, then you want the third tab in, "pointer speed" and move the slider to the right. J.

Dazwm 18:31 12 May 03

I have gone into properties and moved it to maximum speed but for some reason it is slower on XP than other OS

billyliv 18:39 12 May 03

Hi, Paste a photo of a big tabby cat on your desk. that will make it move sharpish. (Couldn't resist it). Cheers, Bill

Djohn 18:40 12 May 03

Ok, if it is a normal mouse with a roller ball, remove the ball and clean the rollers inside, use a cotton bud slightly damp, there are two rollers to clean and one for the click action. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…