how can I set timed access to some internet sites?

Wally_B 00:58 26 Oct 06

I want to restrict MSN, Bebo etc to an hour a day for my daughter but allow unrestricted access to other internet sites for homework, etc.
I have looked at a few commercial products but they want allowed sites specified - too much!
I'm not sure where else to look for something that is as simple as I think I need.
Pointers will be very greatfully received.
Thanks

Simsy 06:11 26 Oct 06

this from work, so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure that if I wanted to I could do this at home from within my router. (It's a Linksys; can't remember the model number!)

How do you connect? If it's via a router then maybe you have a similar feature internally.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Wally_B 08:58 26 Oct 06

Thanks Simsy. I use Linksys as well but it's WiFi and I think the IP addresses change dependent on the sequence we all log in.
I've never looked into the setup possibilities before but I can't see how I could only restrict my daughters access and still allow my wife and I full access. It also only seems to restrict/allow access at certain times rather than, as I want, a specific amount of time within a 24 hr period.
Cheers,

Wally

Technotiger 09:15 26 Oct 06

Hi, This may not be exactly what you want, but have a look at Tools>Internet Options>Content in Internet Explorer.

Cheers.

Simsy 09:16 26 Oct 06

It may not be possible... it's just something I remember seeing while I was looking round the kit when I first got it.

I'll report back if there's any good news!

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 07:47 27 Oct 06

and you're right; It can be set for certain times of the day, rather than periods of time.

GOod luck with your searching!

Regards,

Simsy

g0slp 08:17 27 Oct 06

This for my future reference.

Also sounds like info many of us might want! I'll do some digging too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009