How can I set the cpu speed

Sisha 10:56 27 Apr 03

As a few of you will have noticed I have been having some major problems with my pc.
I have found that with y KT3 Ultra2 on optimum settings the pc was regularly stuttering, freezing and causing all kinds of problems.
I have now insatlled the latest BIOS version and found that (with the help of you guys and gals)if I set the bios settings to default, the system runs smooth as silk again.
However, the system shows up as running at 1.25GHZ.
Concidering its an XP2000 I am pretty sure it used to run at 1.65GHZ. I just cannot find a way of uping the speed in the BIOS without using the "optimum settings" selection. All this does is make the system unstable again. Anyone got experience of using these boards?

AndySD 11:08 27 Apr 03

Go into the bios and make sure the Front Side Bus (FSB) is set to 133 and not 100.

Sisha 11:22 27 Apr 03

AT LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST my pc is working on all cylinders again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day, you have just made someone very happy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…