how can i set up...

stoned guy 11:51 25 Apr 05

im more noob than i thought o well,, but does anyone no how i can add a space so people can send in any questions to my sites email.. thanks

LeadingMNMs 17:58 25 Apr 05

Not quite sure what you want to do, but the simplest way to let people e-mail you is to add a link pointing to the e-mail address e.g. <a href="mailto:[email protected]">Questions</a>. When the user clicks on a link then a 'Create e-mail' window will be launched by the e-mail client (assuming they use one), and they can fill it in and send it.

The other option involves using a form and some sort of script to send the e-mail, removing the need for the user to have an e-mail client. Plenty of scripts freely available to do this, just depends what you can use.

stoned guy 18:52 25 Apr 05

you no like some website will have a box like this box we right our posts in here and then a submit button, then the site viewr will write in the box there problem and click send. its a script i no but i dont no the rest lol hope this is a bit more clear,thanks

PC Eye 21:42 25 Apr 05

You're looking for an online form but the only way of including one in your site is by using a facility called sendmail (or the equivalent). Rather than using the user's PC to generate the email through Outlook as you would using the html "mailto" command, you can use server-side scripting such as PHP or perl to send an email from a form via the server. This can only be done if your hosting provider has the facility. The PHP code is probably the simplest and can be lifted from any of the PHP info sites. However, for a simple personal site it's probably not worth the trouble.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now