how can i send large file

chrisjohn 20:48 17 Jan 08

i want to send a file containing music cds by email but i want to send the full file/folder not individual items in the folder i want to send the whole lot in one go

john bunyan 20:52 17 Jan 08

suggest you zip the file and ensure the receiver has unzipping programme.

chrisjohn 20:52 17 Jan 08

ok thanx

MAJ 20:57 17 Jan 08

How large is the file? It might be that your recipient has a limit on the size of file he can receive. You could also upload it to some webspace and let the recipient download it at his/her convenience.

hssutton 21:19 17 Jan 08

You can do it here for free. I used this company last year. Maximum file size on the "Lite" plan which is free is 100mb.

click here

Les28 21:28 17 Jan 08

You could try the free Pando, the person receiving the file will need to have Pando on their machine as well

click here

Other ideas

click here

Don't forget your upload speed isn't as fast as your download speed, the person you're sending to may be able to download OK, but you could take much longer uploading the file.

Technotiger 21:37 17 Jan 08

Right-click on the Folder containing the music cd's, then go to Send to>Compressed (zipped) Folder

Compose your email and then add the Zipped Folder as an attachment.

The recipient should only need to click on the Zipped Folder and it should open.

chrisjohn 21:42 17 Jan 08

thanx everyone

Peter 21:42 17 Jan 08

You could try GigaSize click here
but take account of what Les28 has written that your upload time could be quite a while.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…