How can i send folders by email?

triflesterms 18:30 16 Apr 07

Hi

I need to send a folder as an attachment in an email but hotmail & yahoo wont allow folders only files.
Is there a way i can send folders by email?

Thanx

jimv7 18:33 16 Apr 07

Right click on the folder, 'send to compressed file'(me, win 2000, xp has this} then add the compressed folder to your email.

Legolas 18:34 16 Apr 07

click here this might do the trick

triflesterms 19:29 16 Apr 07

sorted it with compressed file

Thanx alot

triflesterms 12:45 17 Apr 07

My friend told me he couldnt open zipped attachment, he said he got message saying the file was corrupeted, i tried a few times & kept getting it, panda is ok but the other person needs to download to, is there any other way i can do this?
I dont want the other person to have to download some program to open.

Thanx

GroupFC 13:28 17 Apr 07

As jimv7 says, why not just zip them up into one folder using Winzip (or something similar) and then send that to your friend (or have I missed soemthing here?).

All he/she has to do then is unzip them and Bob is your mother's brother!

Technotiger 13:38 17 Apr 07

HI, I have very recently used jimv7's method for the first time, works great. No unzipping is need, when recipient clicks on the Zip-file it just opens in a folder and this is then simply opened in the normal way. No need to use Winzip, it is all auromatic.

Technotiger 13:40 17 Apr 07

automatic ... not auromatic - smells nice tho :-)

GroupFC 15:56 17 Apr 07

Um - but when I try that all I get in the e-mail is a .lnk file (with the little arrow), which i assume is just a shortcut to the folder.

Mind you it might be something to do with TUGZip, which I have recently installed as there are all sorts of other options as well when I right click (when I have a bit more time I'll have to investigate further!).

sunny staines 19:41 17 Apr 07

good tip by jimv7, noted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…