How can I save screen shots from DVDs?

grangefair 12:17 19 Oct 05

Sometimes when I watch a dvd on my PC I want to pause, save and then print a particular scene from the dvd. I have both Media Player and Real Player, but I don't know the best way to save a shot after I have 'paused' the dvd. I have tried the 'Print Screen' button on my keyboard but havn't then been able to save the image. I just know that lots of you guys out there will have the answer! Many thanks.

GuZ><0r 12:20 19 Oct 05

After you have pressed the print screen. copy in paint or similair program and save. you can also get rid of bits you don't want. Hope this helps.

woodchip 13:07 19 Oct 05

Press print screen button, the go to a phot edit program and click past you will have to go to menu more than likely to do that

ACOLYTE 13:31 19 Oct 05

Or there maybe an option in the player software itself to make snapshots and capture images.

grangefair 14:36 19 Oct 05

Thanks for the suggestions. I have now been able to paste into Paint, PSP and also Photshop, but they all save as bmp files. When I try to convert to jpeg however I am left with the black screen only. If anyone knows to save as jpeg perhaps they would let me know how they do it. Thanks again.

woodchip 16:14 19 Oct 05

To Convert after opening go to file in menu choose save as the select the file format

cdb 18:13 19 Oct 05

Power DVD lets you grab a dvd shot, but I don't know what format it saves in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…