How can I rid myself of this program?

BeesFan 10:29 02 Jun 04

Somehow my PC has picked up an itensely irritating program that keeps reconfiguring my IE6 homepage and loading a toolbar that over-rides all my others.

The website in question is click here and the toolbar in question is called 'loudway'

Using system mechanic Ive identified that it loads a program called saveerrorinfo.exe - ive tried deleting and disabling it, but it always reappears.

Ive also tried using adaware and spywareblaster but the damn thing keeps loading....

Please please can anyone help?

rawprawn 10:46 02 Jun 04

Turn off system restore, reboot in safe mode (Press F8 when booting ) Then delete it.

anon1 10:54 02 Jun 04

I doubt that will work. It will have several hooks in the registry to overcome that. You may find click here interesting reading and there is a registry key to lock your homepage on this link.

Sethhaniel 10:54 02 Jun 04

Start - Run - MSCONFIG - Startup tab
untick program 'saveerrorinfo.exe'
save
reboot

rawprawn 11:30 02 Jun 04

If my above post does not work, you can clear it out of the registry as follows. Start/Run type regedit/enter/ highlight My Computer/click Edit/ Find/ type saveerrorinfo.exe /click find next /Delete any thing shown with that name Do not touch anything else/ click find next and continue until no more are shown. Make a backup of your registry before taking this action in case of any mistakes.

BeesFan 11:35 02 Jun 04

Thanks I'll try all of the above....hopefully one will work

Will report back :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…