How can I remove XP network password?

joethebow 17:57 20 Jan 04

A not very computer literate friend of mine has a laptop running XP.

The laptop has a network password which he does not know. It is stopping him moving some files.

Could anyone tell me how to remove this password and the Windows login password from XP if you do not know the current passwords?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:59 20 Jan 04

There is usaully a good reason why a computer has a network password. ;-))

G

smegs 18:03 20 Jan 04

Agree with U GANDALF <|:-)>

this may be of help but at a cost click here

BillEmm 18:45 20 Jan 04

that is the laptop my friend had removed from his car? If so, he has the password!

joethebow 19:20 20 Jan 04

The guy is a local farmer. He hasn't stolen or bought it off the back of a lorry. Each time he buys new hardware it comes with preinstalled everything.

Unfortunately he's the most disorganised person you've ever met. If it isn't nailed to the PC it's gona get lost within a couple of weeks.

He's had the laptop just over a year, it's covered in pig and cow manure, I kid you not.
As usual he has no idea where the original documentation or software is.

He came to see me the other day and we tried to network his laptop to one of my PCs so we could transfer some files but the network administrator password stopped us transferring anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…