How can I remove vertical line in margin of m/s word 2007

sheila.weston 21:31 25 Jan 12
Answered

In word 2007 I have been comparing two versions of the same document so that I am left with the final version. Unfortunately the final version has some vertical lines in the margin against some of the corrections. How do I delete them? If I click on the 'show formatting marks' button there is no mark against these lines. I have tried deleting a few letters before and after the beginning of the line where they appear, but nothing happens. Has anyone any ideas?

Thank you for any help.

Woolwell 23:23 25 Jan 12

It is a review mark and shows that somewhere on that line a correction has been made. Turn track changes on or off

Forum Editor 23:28 25 Jan 12
Answer

The lines are there to indicate lines of text in the document that have had corrections.

Click on the 'Review' tab and look for the 'Changes' section on the toolbar. Click on the small arrowhead under 'changes'and select 'accept all changes'.

The lines in the margin will disappear.

sheila.weston 10:37 26 Jan 12

Fantastic! Very many thanks, both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…