How can i remove - Trojan horse Generic.gm ?

triflesterms 14:03 26 Jul 06

Hi

Ive just found this trojan & tried to get rid of it using avg free edition, but with no succsess.
Does anyone know any free downloads to remove this trojan?

Thanx

johndrew 14:17 26 Jul 06

You could try

click here

click here

click here

click here

as starters.

rawprawn 14:41 26 Jul 06

Try this online scan. click here

beynac 14:48 26 Jul 06

Or ewido: click here

triflesterms 14:53 26 Jul 06

thanx, i'll give em a try

Jak_1 15:41 26 Jul 06

Have you tried using AVG in safe mode with system restore turned off? Trojans invariably lodge themselves in the restore files and whilst AV initialy cleans the little buggers they re-appear instantly unless cleaned from the restore files. These files can only be accessed by AV with system restore off.

triflesterms 05:05 28 Jul 06

i havent tried in safe mode, how do u put it into safe mode & turn system restore off?
I take it i do this in windows & not avg, right?
would this remove trojan for good, coz so far ive tried spy bot search & destroy,ewido & pc doctor,all of these seem to be just for spyware & are not capable of removing my annoying trojan.
hope someone can help?

Thanx

rawprawn 08:09 28 Jul 06

To turn System Restore off,open it click on, click on System Restore Settings (Left H side) and put a tick in the box "Turn oss system restore" Press OK.This will turn it off and if your Trojan is hiding in there AVG or one of the others should deal with it.
To put your computer in Safe Mode turn it off then restart, when it starts to boot keep tapping F8 and you will be given a choice of how to start choose SAfe Mode. Don't be put off it will take time to load and look very strange, this is normal. then do your scan again.
DO NOT FORGET to turn System Restore back on, you will have lost all your old restore points but it will make a new one when you turn it on.
Have you trird my online suggestion? (You cannot scan online in safe mode)

rawprawn 08:10 28 Jul 06

"Turn oss system restore" oss should read OFF

Andsome 08:52 28 Jul 06

The problem with some of the tools mentioned above, is that after the scan which usually finds loads of so called problems, you have to register and then pay for removal. I strongly suspect false positives. The Trend online scan WILL remove infections for you. An excellent Trojan remover which has a paid for version, but also a FREE version, with fewer extras, but which does a first class removal job is A squared, available here, click here . Another excellent free tool, probably one of the best is SUPERAntiSpyware, found here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac