How can I remove Trojan Generic?

georgemm 13:25 07 Aug 12

Hi! I need help with some infection that is recognized by my AV as Trojan Generic and seems to be harmful, but when I try to remove it my AV crashes and now the virus is still on my PC. I really need to remove this Trojan, or whatever it is, because I know that otherwise sooner or later it will target my information and documents and I`ll be unable to stop it then.

If you know how to remove the Trojan, please, tell me!

Nontek 13:28 07 Aug 12

Download and install Malwarebytes, update it and run a full scan.

northumbria61 15:48 07 Aug 12

And following on from Nontek's advice - enter link description here

birdface 18:48 07 Aug 12

Not sure if this is the same one as northumbria61 posted.If so it looks like it will scan for problems and you will have to pay to remove them.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Popup-Ad-Spyware-Blockers/SpyHunter.shtml

If malwarebytes does not find the problem maybe give Hitmanpro a try that is free for 30 days as soon as you activate it.If it does not find anything do not activate it and it will last a lot longer.

It may be in system restore so you may have to stop system restore from running by turning it off.Remove all temp files etc.Run Himanpro then run C Cleaner if you use it then reboot and see if you still have problems.

Nontek 08:16 08 Aug 12

georgemm

Hows about an update m8??

georgemm 08:50 08 Aug 12

Guys, your posts were really helpful to me! I saw these instructions http://www.americanpendulum.com/2012/03/23/remove-trojan-win32-genericbt/. I decided to follow your instructions above, Nontek and I download Malwarebytes. Ive never used it before, although it``s free. So I had to run it in SafeMode, because otherwise it didnt load. In safe mode I scanned my system and removed the Trojan

Thanks !!!

Nontek 09:17 08 Aug 12

Great, thanks for your feedback.

Feedback is important because it often helps other people in the future, who may have similar problem(s).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…