How can I remove MSN Messenger

ive just recovered from an accidental H/D Format,i never use messenger but do use OLE6,now when i open OLE6 im sighned in to messenger.-.can i disable messenger totaly,or if need be remove it from my os

Diodorus Siculus 21:35 29 Feb 04

Within options for messenger, you can tell it not to start automatically with Windows.

Then in OE options, tell it not to sign you on to messenger.

cdb 21:49 29 Feb 04

If you go into the control panel, add/remove programs then windows components there should be an entry in there for you to remove it.

Also if you goto the run command, enter msconfig and goto start up items there is an entry for msnmsgr you can uncheck. You'll need to do a selective start up after this or it will recheck the box for you.

This is assuming you have Winxp.

beeuuem 21:57 29 Feb 04

You can also try

Command to remove messenger

Copy and paste the following in ‘Start’ > ’Run’

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

And click ‘OK

thanks folks

JFT 20:09 02 Mar 04

To remove messenger can't be done from add/remove programs as it will still be integrated in OE and disabling it wont stop it from running either as it will still show up in task manager.

To completely remove it try click here and download the .VBS script and run it.This will get rid of it forever!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…