How can i remove 'backdoor.greybird.gen'

Ben capewell 19:45 30 Aug 06

I have run spydoctor, and it has fount the above infection wich it says is a critical, problem any ideas how i can remove this with out paying to spydoctor,
i have run the following over the past month and it never fount this problem.
AVG Free
Adware
regfix
ccleaner
Trendmicro, with the latest pattern.
i have been posting messages over the last month over my pc running slow could this be my problem.

STREETWORK 19:51 30 Aug 06

To get rid of this you should run hijackthis

click here

and post a log at the same site, this will be looked at by a volunteer techie who will assist in removing graybird.

Also update your anti virus program.

graybird is a trojan

Ben capewell 19:58 30 Aug 06

Dont mean to sound a cheap skate, is it free, if i knew all these pay for sites worked i would never object to paying. Would this of been causing me problems over the last 3 months, please i hope you say yes

STREETWORK 20:03 30 Aug 06

It is likely. if you google search for it you will see that hijackthis is the option to go for.

The service is free.

STREETWORK 20:03 30 Aug 06

by the way its graybird not greybird

VoG II 20:04 30 Aug 06

You could try a-squared first which is an excellent trojan killer click here

Otherwise download and run HJT click here and post the log on the MWR forum click here

STREETWORK 20:09 30 Aug 06

I agree with VoG, but the techie will possibly point you to do this. for details of posting a log

click here

This site seems to be working quiker at getting though logs

Ben capewell 20:24 30 Aug 06

i tried a-squared a month ago and did a scan and it fount nothing, but any way you guys on this forum always seems to know your stuff and are very good for wich i thankyou for. so i will give it a try,
Would this nasty bugger slow my pc down ?

Ben capewell 20:59 30 Aug 06

Would this trojan slow my pc down and why did AVG not detect it , can you advise of a better anti spy - virus detector.
thanks

VoG II 21:02 30 Aug 06

AVG detects viruses. A trojan is not a virus. Try click here

Mr Mistoffelees 21:28 30 Aug 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…