How Can I reinstall windows with out the disk?

pigseattruffles 00:43 17 Mar 05

Hey,
My friends laptop has recently got a virus that is not letting me do anything closes the programmes down as soon as i open them. I know that it is possible to reinstall windows xp hom edition as my girlfriends dad did it with help of someone over the phone but he can't remember how. So if someone knows how to do it help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you i advance Brett

Salinger 00:52 17 Mar 05

You need the disk.

pigseattruffles 01:04 17 Mar 05

When My girlfriend had a virus on her Laptop though her dad phoned up and they talked him through how to reinstall windows (now come on he phone currys (where the laptop was brought from) if currys can do it surely someone else must know how to do it), she lost everything. So there must be away we have done it before but just can't remember...Maybe it's not reinstalling but something else? Any way it got rid of the virus and her laptop started working fine. Please help needed ASAP.

pigseattruffles 01:12 17 Mar 05

It may be known as recovery console?

Salinger 01:14 17 Mar 05

You can RESTORE without the disk but you need the disk to reinstall

Salinger 01:15 17 Mar 05

First you have to get rid of the Virus.

johnhere_uk 01:21 17 Mar 05

Go out and get yourself a copy of Norton Antivirus should solve your problem.
There is no way you can install any program without the disk and that includes Win xp

pigseattruffles 01:22 17 Mar 05

So how do i restore? Do you mean as in system restore? We can't get rid of the virus though it is stoppig us load up any virus software we have and also just wont load any programmes up...Its nealry the same aswhat we went through before but if only we could remember what it was we had to do...

pigseattruffles 01:24 17 Mar 05

Norton wont load up..It just shuts right down again..Have already tried this nothing will work...I guess im done for then unless me or my mate can find a disk or my girlfriends dad remembers what he did...

ened 06:43 17 Mar 05

If so go click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…