How can I reduce a .wav file bit rate??

Evolution 15:46 17 Oct 06

Hi,

I run a call centre and one of our clients has supplied some call queuing and out of hours messages, in .wav format, for us to import in to our telephone system.

No problem with that but the files supplied are too big for our system to work with, as they weigh in at a hefty 5.3mb and 2.5mb respectively.

According to our comms engineers, this is because the messages have been recorded at a Bit Rate of 1411khps and our system cannot work with files of this size. (They have to .wav as well. MP3 will not work)

Ideally, we need them converted to a bit rate of 120khps, which will, apparently, shrink the wav files to a few hundred kilobytes, without too much hit on quality, for what the files are required for anyway.

Is anyone aware of any free of shareware software that will allow me to convert these .wav files to the lower bit rate??

If not, we'll have to get the client to come in and re-record directly to our system but that's a last resort!

Thanks in advance for any help with this!!

Evo

brundle 17:06 17 Oct 06

Load them into Audacity (click here) and save them back at the required rate/quality

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced