How can I re-name my Hard Drives, CD/DVD drivers ?

Antonio Machado 14:45 16 Jan 09

Hello experts !

How can I re-name my Hard Drives, CD/DVD Drivers and the recently adquired Sony Multi-card Reader/Writter ? Whenever I click "Start" and then "My computer" I can read only C:\, D:\..... F:\, etc. and I would like to read for instance "F:\ Multi-card Reader/Writter" so I can identify each component with easy. How can I do that ? I have tried right click over each component but I can not see the option "Rename" in the menus. Please help me amigos, thanks in advance, best, Antonio.

Stuartli 14:51 16 Jan 09

You are on the right lines, but are you/do you have to be logged on as the Administrator?

MAT ALAN 14:51 16 Jan 09

OLA antonio,

My computer> right click drive>select rename>enter name...

Good luck...

Stuartli 14:53 16 Jan 09

Antonio Machado has clearly been following that route.

MAT ALAN 14:53 16 Jan 09

Wish i'd read the post properly as i can see you do not have that option...sorry

kalignorgna 14:53 16 Jan 09

go to my computer right click on your Hard drive and click on properties in the general tab there is a type box type in what you want the drive to be called then apply and ok, repeat step for any over devices you want to rename. this works in XP and I think it is the same process in vista

MAT ALAN 14:53 16 Jan 09

Gotta get me glasses changed...

Stuartli 14:54 16 Jan 09

Try again, but this time in Windows Explorer rather than My Computer.

Antonio Machado 09:43 18 Jan 09

Thank you very much my friends, my questions was solved. Best, Antonio.

Stuartli 10:14 18 Jan 09

Good. But how?

The idea is that others with a similar problem will have some guidance in the future..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…