How Can I Manually Remove The Following 'Bugs' Pls

Big L 266 20:57 31 Dec 08

Hello.Despite my best efforts,I can only run all my security software in safe mode.If I run them in the usual way,they all self-terminate at some point in their scans. This started 11 days ago and is a real pain. Can you please tell me how I can manually remove the following:-

From Ad-aware.

All are from IP Addy 127.0.0.1 and the host names as follows:-

Therealsearch.Com, Greg-Search.Com, Approvedlinks.Nom.VSE-Moe.Biz, Aifind.Info, Find4U.Net, I-Lookup.Com, IE-Search.Com and Itseasy.US.

From McAfee/Stopzilla.

All are adware,malware etc with the following names:-

CableRouting. Archiveviewsoftware, Apomgrh, Vundo.M, VirtualBouncer,Virtumonde, along with a further 59 un-named 'host file' entries.

It can three/four attempts to login but my browser has been hijacked.My computer often turns itself off and on and off etc and there have been a number of blue screens with various bits of information.

I am convinced once these 'bugs' have been swatted,my computer will be alright again. I don't know how long I'll be able to keep this connection open.

Your help,patience and kindness in this matter is very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

RobCharles1981 21:02 31 Dec 08

Have you tried using Malware Bytes?

click here

Update it and run in safemode and scan.

Technotiger 21:04 31 Dec 08

Can you try System Restore in Safe mode to restore your system back to at least two weeks ago, before this problem arose?

wis 21:07 31 Dec 08

click here

if poss download this up date run in safe mode delete all it finds should be good

Big L 266 21:07 31 Dec 08

Hello Rob and Tech.

Tech.My system restore cannot go beyond this morning and I don't know why. It should go back but it doesn't.Its always been a funny thing on my comp ever since I've had it.Thank you though.

Rob.Going to try to Malware Bytes...wish me luck.

Thank you both of you.

Technotiger 21:23 31 Dec 08

Another good one for getting rid of nasties is click here

woodchip 21:27 31 Dec 08

How many AV's are you running? and why not try without all the Utilities above. Just use one

brundle 03:41 01 Jan 09

"All are from IP Addy 127.0.0.1 " - that is your loopback address and suggests you're using custom HOSTS file that will redirect the undesireable domain names to protect your PC, or one of your antivirus/antispyware suites has installed such a list and another AV/AS program is identifying them as infections or problems incorrectly.

Plenty to read;
click here=

brundle 03:43 01 Jan 09

Or you have an infection which has replaced the standard HOSTS file.

Run HJT click here and post the log at this forum click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…