How can I make VideoCDs?

kingpenguin 22:37 26 Nov 03

I want to make Video CDs of VHS and Camcorder footage. What hardware and software will I need? I have an AMD 800 with 256MB RAM, Nero and CD writer. I need to be able to edit video and audio, sequence clips etc to make it like a DVD. Do video cds have a menu when played so I can select which clips I want to watch?

Mr_Nice_Guy 22:40 26 Nov 03

nope vcds will only contain video data, no menus. and it takes mpeg 1 only. I would suggest from vhs to pc you will need a capture card, and a camcorder, maybe firewire. Then use nero to burn them to vcd. nero also supplies a couple of video editing programs too.

Mr_Nice_Guy 22:41 26 Nov 03

btw with the specs you have, you are looking at long hard hours of waiting. and a lot of disk space.

kingpenguin 23:12 26 Nov 03

My camcorder is an old Video8.

Perhaps DVD would be a better idea. Can you recommend a DVD writer, and the necessary software?

You can have menus with SVCD - my mate has recently transferred old 'Live Aid' VHS footage and has a menu to enable selection of the various performances.

kingpenguin - you should opt for a device that will perform hardware compression of the incoming video, otherwise you will spend a long time waiting for software to do it as Mr_Nice_Guy mentioned.
An external USB device that will do this is the Pinnacle Moviebox USB, but there are internal capture cards too.

Check here for further information click here

kingpenguin 11:19 02 Dec 03

I have bought Pinnacle Studio DC10plus Version 8, had it working until I installed the DVD drive, then got ACPI BIOS compatibility problem. I have now upgraded my machine to : Asus A7N266-VM/SE m/b with AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 480MB DDRAM, 6GB HD, 80GB HD, Asus CDRW, Freecom DVDR/RW, Win2000 SP4

Studio 8 won't capture and it crashes :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…