How can I make my drives work

Odin_UK 15:03 22 Apr 03

I can't access my CD-RW drive or my DVD drive, the icons are not available in the My Computer menu. I went into the Device Manager screen and it said my CD-RW drive has a code 41 error (Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)) and the DVD drive has a code 19 error (Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)). The troubleshooter didn't work with either drive. I have run a full virus scan and have none and I have not installed any new hardware or software lately. Please can you help?

stupidhead 15:24 22 Apr 03

Sounds to me like the ribbon cable is not transferring the data to the moherboard. Are both your drives on the same IDE channel?....if so try replacing the ribbon cable....

Hope that helps....

slaveofconvention 15:30 22 Apr 03

You might also want to check that the drivers have been loaded properly for the Secondary Channel (In device manager) - This is a problem I've had more times than I can count when tryin to change a motherboard without reinstalling an OS (I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone - I only do it when my clients insist)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…