How can I make downloads

EARLR 14:03 PM 27 Oct 12
Answered

go to a folder on D drive. Firefox, win 7?

lotvic 14:09 PM 27 Oct 12

Firefox | Tools | Options | General tab, Downloads section, and make your choice...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:12 PM 27 Oct 12

FF Tools - Options - general tab - tick Save files to . then browse to where you want to save the on your D drive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:13 PM 27 Oct 12

Lotvic

I'm going to have to learn to type faster and refresh before posting :0)

EARLR 14:29 PM 27 Oct 12

Thanks all; But when I did that they still go to "C: user user downloads"

EARLR 14:34 PM 27 Oct 12

I have a shortcut on desktop to downloads folder on D. That is where I want them to go.

Sea Urchin 15:37 PM 27 Oct 12

The method described should work for you as long as you have browsed to the correct downloads folder on D. But if you find it easier you can always set it to Always ask me where to save files and then select the folder on D as your choice.

The desktop shortcut is nothing to do with where you download - it is simply a means of you accessing the folder on D.

EARLR 16:06 PM 27 Oct 12

Thanks S. U. did that but still goes to "c:user user downloads" I must be dot understanding something.

EARLR 16:36 PM 27 Oct 12

Yes

EARLR 16:53 PM 27 Oct 12

I even changed the name to cut confusion it's now called newdownloads. and shows it that way in FF options. but downloads still go to c user user downloads. The older I get I find I know less and less about computing I have been in the business for awhile started in 1969.

EARLR 17:02 PM 27 Oct 12

Changed in options to always ask.. ff doesn't ask and still goes to C.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED