How can I make A4 default size in XP

Dennis-335149 02:15 05 Oct 03

I run XP. I suddenly lost my A4 setting in Word and MS Publisher, both changed to "Letter" overnight. In MS Word (97)I have been able to make A4 default, but in MS Publisher I can sometimes find A4 listed in paper sizes, and sometimes it is not available, and there is no facility to make any paper size default. The result is that in some files I am stuck with Letter, which is a US size, and I cannot print the full size on A4.
How can I make A4 a default size in Publisher? Then I can print my full layout. Why is A4 in the list of available paper sizes sometimes, and sometimes not? Mystifying!
Any ideas?

Roc

Djohn 02:38 05 Oct 03

In word, Letter is the correct setting with the following size.

Height 27.94 and width 21.59.

If you wish to change to A4 then click on file on the word toolbar, choose page setup then the Paper tab. you will see where it says letter you can change to A4 from the drop down menu, then click on default tab.

In Publisher you set your margins each time you use it. To do this go to the toolbar and click on "arrange" then "layout" guides. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…