How can I lock desktop Icons & Wallpaper

New Reader 15:54 12 Sep 04

How can I stop my grandson from changing the wallpaper on my computer.Some of the games he plays he can click on download wallpaper.Also how can I prevent desktop icons being moved (sometimes into other folders on the desktop)I use the Auto Arrange set up as I like to keep them in specific groups.I have right clicked on desktop & selected Lock Desktop Items but they can still be moved

Pesala 16:35 12 Sep 04

and not PC to recommend a thump around the ear.

What may work best is to set up your PC for multiple users. If I'm not mistaken, that will allow you to password protect your setup, and allow your grandson to log in as a different user. Then he can change his wallpaper or start menu as much as he likes, without affecting yours. Make sure he understands the dangers of downloading spyware or dialers.

hugh-265156 16:38 12 Sep 04

try hiding the desktop icons. right click an empty area of the desktop/arrange icons by and tick or untick 'show desktop icons' might help a bit. or set up another account for your grandson maybe.

New Reader 16:51 12 Sep 04

Thank you. I will set up my computer to allow my grandson to have his own login - never thought of that as a solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple