How can I load an Apollo Printer drivers in XP?

night 16:57 11 Dec 03

Having sold my computer, I wish to load an Apollo Printer 1200 in Windows XP but cant find the drivers for it can anyone help please.

The drivers are already in XP. Open Printers in Control Panel, Add a printer in left hand pane, follow the Add Printer wizard. Your printer is listed.

Email received. night,it's better to post your response in the forum, using 'Add a new response' below.

Assuming you can get to the Add Printer Wizard, click next, tick Local Printer, do not tick Auto Detect, next.

Select the port you use to connect, usually Lpt1, next. Select the printer in the left and right panes, next.

Default printer, yes. Test page, yes, Finnish.

If this causes an error, please give us details.

night 20:16 12 Dec 03

Ok I get to LPT1 ok clicking next brings me to Install software ok . but it cant find any drivers fo the device ? ptting the disc in is no good as you say the drivers should be in XP, so I am stuck once again .

When you get to 'Instal software', are you selecting your printer from the choices available in the list of printers? One stage at a time.

night 21:15 12 Dec 03

Hello again well that is the trouble there are no drivers or printers shown at all in the page after the LPT1 , there is nothing at all no mention of printers or drivers as I have said it says unable to find drivers for this device but why I just dont understand ?

Could be your Lpt1 port is up the spout.

Please can the late shift point to Device Manager for this, and instal this port, please? My gruel is ready.

^^^

OK, open Device Manager, click on the + at the side of Ports and select LPT1. Click View, Properties. At the bottom, check Device Usage has Use this device (enable) selected.

night 20:24 13 Dec 03

I have checked Device Manager and I have checked Device usage and (enabled ) selected, I would point out the Wizard is trying to load the Printer but it cant find the drivers I have tried everything possible and I guess my version of XP does not have the required drivers which according to Apollo it has so I am back to square one I guess

Oh ye of little faith! The window after LPT1, what does it say exactly?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…