how can i insure a new computer has a tv facility

how can i insure a new computer has a tv out facility and does this mean i can watch a dvd ex my computer on a tv in the sitting room via a cable? aerial or whatever?

SG Atlantis® 22:41 08 Jul 06

by looking at the spec.

woodchip 22:43 08 Jul 06

By asking, And get down in writing

johnnyrocker 23:16 08 Jul 06

i doubt via aerial but with a bit of jiggery pokery can be achieved.

johnny.

GaT7 23:21 08 Jul 06

You need to get a computer that has a TV-out connection - something most new computers these days will have as standard. But don't assume it will definitely have one as some PC's may have integrated graphics or a very basic graphics card & no TV-out. As the others have said, look in the spec & ask for this at the time of purchase.

"does this mean i can watch a dvd ex my computer on a tv in the sitting room via a cable? aerial or whatever?"

No, basically TV-out means you can connect your PC to your TV (with the appropiate cables & adapters), & use your TV as a display or watch a DVD INcluding your PC - some good info/advice click here. G

GaT7 23:24 08 Jul 06

Sorry, please ignore the first sentence. G

Stuartli 23:24 08 Jul 06

You can't insure it, but you could ensure it...:-)

terryf 01:12 09 Jul 06

Yes of course you can insure it, ask any insurance broker but surely it is already covered by your home and contents policy.

Catastrophe 02:23 09 Jul 06

Consult an insurance company?

Stuartli 10:29 09 Jul 06

I know sarcasm is the lowest form of humour but I was only doing a bit of leg pulling...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…