How can I install a new version of msn messenger?

Chewie100 15:32 09 Aug 04

I've just downloaded the latest verion of msn messenger, and I'm being told that I have to close the existing version that I have running. Simple enough you might think, however, I'm getting a message saying there are other applications using features provided by msn messenger, and they need to be closed before I can close this version. How can i identify the app thats using messenger and? Any suggestions?
Thankyou

cga 15:42 09 Aug 04

This is a well known problem.

The issue is that there is Windows Messenger (current version 4.7) and MSN Messenger (Current Version 6.2)

Windows Messenger starts up very quietly and it is probably this that is stopping you go any further.

Try Task Manager and killing 'msmsgs.exe' (windows messenger) and msnmgs.exe (MSN messenger).

In caser it really is MSN Messenger getting in your way then try altering the options so that it does not start automatically - then you should be OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…