How Can I Install A LAN Card With No Drivers???

cubeladd 22:18 30 Jan 04

I have just brought a LAN card and fitted it to my computer running Windows 2000. The problem is that the card doesn't come with drivers on a cd, so I can't install it. On my other computer running XP I have no problem, as it installs drivers automatically, but I am having difficulties with Windows 2000.

Please help if you can

©®@$? 22:22 30 Jan 04

find out what the make of the lan card is and download drivers from the internet

either install it in xp and look to see what the card is or look on the card itself, look for a fcc number

and search on google for it

Diodorus Siculus 22:24 30 Jan 04

Does Win2k recognise the LAN Card?

Do you know the manufacturer? If so, have a look at their site and you may be able to d/l drivers if they are necessary.

©®@$? 22:26 30 Jan 04

just a thought

if you install the lan card on xp

download aida32 this will tell you exactly what make and model the lan card is then search for the win2k driver

that would be the best bet i think!

aida32 click here

cubeladd 22:32 30 Jan 04

I brought the card on ebay with no packaging, so I don't know the make/model unfortunetly. I am gonna to d/l aida and see if that helps.

Diodorus Siculus 22:34 30 Jan 04

no packaging? Any physical id on the card?

cubeladd 23:28 30 Jan 04

Ok I've found out that it is a Linksys LNE100TX Etherfast card. I have downloaded the drivers, but I have a problem installing them. When I run the two .exe files they open in command and I have to type 'yes' to create various directories. Now that it's done, I'm very confused about what steps to take next

Diodorus Siculus 08:21 31 Jan 04

When you reboot the PC with the LAN card in place, the add new hardware wizard should start up. Point it to the directoriess you have created.

Or you can manually start the Add New Hardware wizard via the control panel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…