How can I have TV on my PC

281apple 10:09 23 Jun 08

Is it possible to receive TV on my PC from the UK, US, and French and Spanish speaking countries ? If yes, what do I need to do? Is it very expensive?

Stuartli 10:15 23 Jun 08

Although I have a Freeview PCI TV card in my system, I also occasionally use JLC's Internet TV (freeware), which has many hundreds of channels available. See:

click here

Al94 10:29 23 Jun 08

Great link Stuartli - thanks.

281apple 10:30 23 Jun 08

Thanks Stuartli, I'll give it a try and will let you know.

281apple 11:22 23 Jun 08

SUPER LINK STUARTLI - - THANKS. IT WILL TAKE A BIT OF PINPOINTING THE PROGRAMS THAT INTEREST ME AND A FRIEND OF MINE IN SPAIN WHO IS LEARNING ENGLISH. THERE MUST BE A CATCH TO IT SOMEWHERE BECAUSE IT IS ALMOST TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

Stuartli 13:54 23 Jun 08

Not really a catch - most TV and radio stations have a website and I suspect that's what most of the Internet TV links use.

There used to be a very good equivalent for radio stations in earlier editions of Windows Media Player, but it's a feature that's been much curtailed.

You could, for instance, listen live to US police, fire and ambulance personnel whilst on normal or emergency duties; however, the use of digital radios these days has meant many such broadcasts are no longer available.

281apple 18:09 23 Jun 08

Thanks for the feedback Stuartli. The reason I initially asked the question is that 123 Greetings Cards sent me an Email offering a TV Tuner program for 99,90US$. It appears that they have done about the same thing you said that JLC's FREEWARE does. In any event, JLC's freeware is just fine for my needs. I haven't yet found out how to save as something on JLC's list so that I can have it on an External HD to see later. I'll keep looking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5