How can I go back to an old version of Bios?

pro2010 16:12 26 Jan 07

Hi All
And where can I find the previous Bios versions? Thank you
This is my current bios version (look at the pic )
click here

Mike D 16:52 26 Jan 07

Take care, any updating of the bios is fraught with danger and you could end up with a non functioning system.

That said, I would have thought that if (and it might be a big "if")previous BIOS versions were available, the MSI website would be the place to find them.

Whether you will be able to revert is another matter altogether. I am not an expert, but I do know that my motherboard has a dual Bios, meaning that I could, if I wanted to, have two versions of the Bios available. However, without this feature I think that you are faced with flashing the BIOS again with the version that you want, and you might find that you cannot overwrite a newer version with an older version.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will see this and ride to your rescue.

Mike

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:52 26 Jan 07

Just use the same flash utility as you did to upgrade it and the old bin file.

look for your BIOS versions here click here yo will need to know what motherboardis fitted.

Strawballs 16:56 26 Jan 07

Download and run this and it will tell you everything you need to know about your system and will give you a hyperlink to things like bios updates and MoBo drivers etc.

click here

Totally-braindead 16:56 26 Jan 07

Agree with Fruit Bat /\0/\ but if you don't mind me asking, why do you want to go back?
The reason I ask is the BIOS is backward compatible in that with the newer BIOS it will do the same as the old one but may have added support for the likes of newer processors. It is not necessary to go back to a previous version if you put in an old slower processor. It will still work.

Belatucadrus 17:00 26 Jan 07
  karmgord 19:04 26 Jan 07

Normally when flashing a Bios it asks if you want to save a back up copy of the exsisting Bios in case you need to restore it

pro2010 19:14 26 Jan 07

Because the CD which came with the computer can not work any more after the bios update

karmgord 19:28 26 Jan 07

go into new bios and see if boot from cd 1st is set, as upgrade my have altered this, then see if you can run bios upgrade again and look for old bios it case it saved it to the hard drive

Totally-braindead 19:30 26 Jan 07

I'm not sure this is the problem. I don't know if a BIOS update could do this. Have you checked the cabling?

Gongoozler 19:33 26 Jan 07

I wonder if this is a common problem where restore disks are locked to the BIOS. Usually when you flash the BIOS, you will be prompted to save the old BIOS so you can revert to it in case of problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…