how can i get rid of a unwanted browser

norrisnovice 24 Nov 11

my partner been a bit of a novice downloaded a online game which seemed to come with its own browser the site was pogo online games or something simalar i thought i had uninstalled it from my add removes but it still there it doesnt matter whether i use firefox or chrome the search results all seem to come from yahoo a search engine i hate also it seems since this has appeared my ie wont load any ideas how i can get rid of this and how harmful is it please

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 24 Nov 11

firefox

In the Yahoo search bar at the top right of your page there is a down arrow. Click on it and you will see a short list of choices and one is "Manage Search Engines". Click on that and remove Yahoo (and any others you don't want) from the list.

Zak 24 Nov 11

getting rid of gamebar and reverting Chrome & FireFox to normal

Above link should help solve your problem. pogo shows itself in the addons/extensions.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message