How can I get rid of TR/ATRAPS?

Ray5776 16:13 31 Jan 09

Hello everyone,
I can not seem to get rid of this trojan.
If I run my antivirus it stops before finishing even if left on all day. If I run it in safe mode with "System Restore" disabled it takes about 1 hour and shows nothing present but when I reboot in normal windows it keeps showing up no matter how many times I try to delete it.
I have looked on the web and tried suggestions from a previous posting but to no avail.
I have closed my previous thread as the title may have been unclear, ticked as solved but it is not.
Can anyone help me on this please.

Ray

crosstrainer 16:31 31 Jan 09

Download, update and run:

click here

Ray5776 17:23 31 Jan 09

Thanks crosstrainer, tried it and it ran for 20mins showing 6 infections then just stopped.
Then blank screened about 2mins later.

Ray

MAT ALAN 17:27 31 Jan 09

click here

this may help...

Ray5776 19:12 31 Jan 09

Thanks MAT ALAN looked at this but not free, says it is but not so.
Thanks crosstrainer,the program on your link seems to have sorted this but I am still a bit apprehensive.
See what tomorrow brings.

ray

brundle 19:22 31 Jan 09

Vundo variant which uses a rootkit-like method to hide various bits of itself; click here

You need something like SmitFraud/Combofix which runs in Safe Mode, but best done under the supervision of one of the experts at a malware forum.

Or follow someone else's instructions after the event....click here

Ray5776 23:08 31 Jan 09

thanks brundle i am trying your link, it now is in safe mode and says double click run this.bat but where is the thing to double click?

Ray

brundle 23:49 31 Jan 09

"Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.

Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode etc etc

* Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script."

Ray5776 23:57 31 Jan 09

Thanks brundle I appreciate your help, I have done exactly as you suggested and all seems ok until the click on "run this.bat" click where?

Ray

Ray5776 00:21 01 Feb 09

Hi again, I have managed to start this after using search , there was no icon or tab on the screen. Hope it works.
RaY

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…