How can I get the Online image back in my...

sciguyryan 16:15 06 Apr 04

quicklaunch toolbar.

I have resently notised that, when online the image of the two computers no longer appears in the quicklaunch bar (The one in the far right bottom). How can I get this back? I can no longer see it (The IE bar to show if you are online or not). How can I get this back?

Thanks for the help

Diodorus Siculus 16:19 06 Apr 04

Right click on the dialup netwroking connection and choose "show connection when connected" or something like that ('Don't use XP; this is from my poor memory...)

GroupFC 16:32 06 Apr 04

Your memories not too bad!

sciguyryan, Go to start>Connect to> show all connections select connection and right click>properties and ensure "show icon in notification area when connected is ticked".

sciguyryan 16:35 06 Apr 04

I cant find either of them. I use IE6 and Windows 2000.

sciguyryan 16:41 06 Apr 04

Nope - anyone got an idea?

Diodorus Siculus 16:43 06 Apr 04

GroupFC - maybe not, but my comprehension of the question is :-{

I use Windows 2000 and don't know what "The IE bar to show if you are online or not" may be?

If you mean the little image of two PCs, then I don't know a way of not having it there with win2k.

Diodorus Siculus 16:45 06 Apr 04

OK, I ahve woken up

Open IE

then go to view, and ensure that status bar is ticked.

GroupFC 16:45 06 Apr 04

Ok in IE6 go as follows:-

Tools >options >connection tab >settings >properties and this should get you to the connections properties dialog box. On the general tab you should see the check box "show icon ...etc."

Diodorus Siculus 16:46 06 Apr 04

And as well as woken up, have learned to spell "have".

GroupFC 16:50 06 Apr 04

I thought he was on about the two little monitors in the system tray! Anyway, sciguyran do either of these help?

sciguyryan 16:52 06 Apr 04

Nope, I cant get it to come back. I just disconnected then came back but, noting. Perhaps it needs a restart otherwise it may be spywhere you think?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5