How can I get my Epsom RX600 to print in B&W only?

grumpyjon 17:10 20 Jun 05

I have looked through the manuals etc and can find no trace of how to print in B&W only and now my printer has run out of three colours and refuses to print apage of ordinary B&W lettering until I replace the colours!!
Help!!

pj123 17:37 20 Jun 05

Most Epson printers will stop printing if cartridges are empty. But my Epson 895 has an option to print Black only, but my Epson R200 doesn't have that option. So I guess the later the printer the less options you have. The RX600 appears to be an MFD which probably won't print if you have empty cartridges. Your printer takes the same cartridges as my R200 click here
for good value compatible cartridges.

Smiler 17:55 20 Jun 05

As pj123 says most Epson printers stop working when carts are empty. This is probably so that the ink left in the nozzles doesn't dry out and block the nozzles. In which case it would probably cost you a new printer so I would advise you to replace the nozzles asap.

You could get an ink cart resetter and reset the used carts so the printer program thinks they are still full. I do this to get extra life out of the carts but I make sure I'm ready with new carts as soon as I get one of the colours actually running out.
click here

Smiler 17:56 20 Jun 05

Sorry that should read replace the cartridges as soon as possible :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…