How can I get mpegs to run automatically in Media?

wateland 14:25 21 Jul 04

I used to be able to download clips in mpeg and other formats that automatically opened Windows Media and ran. This not longer happens and I cannot find how to restore it. Any ideas please

Charence 15:12 21 Jul 04

What happens now then once you downloaded it?

If another program tries to play it then problem can be solved by going into OPTIONS in WMP and in FILE TYPES tab, you can select the formats you want WMP to open.

If your download finishes and then does nothing, you will have to deselect the option box on the download dialog box which says CLOSE AFTER DOWNLOAD COMPLETE, and when download finishes you will have the option of OPEN, OPEN FOLDER, CLOSE. Click OPEN and it should open in WMP. (if there is an option which states do this everytime check it).

You may also try in Internet Explorer, go to TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > ADVANCED > RESTORE DEFAULTS > OK.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:15 21 Jul 04

my computer -tools -folder options -file types scroll down to mpeg and select it should tell you what the file opens with click the change box and select media player.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…