How Can I Get IE6 To Display A Pop-up Window?

ade.h 17:45 07 Feb 05

I have just signed up for a Learn Direct course; the website uses a Java pop-up window to display course-work, but it is blank. I have placed the site in the Trusted zone and set Java permissions to Low Safety. I don't think Norton Internet Security is to blame, as its Java settings are all on minimal security. I have followed the instructions in the MS KB click here;en-us;315674 I've tried viewing the site in Firefox, too, but it's no different.

I can't use a vital website until I get this sorted and this whole Java thing is a nightmare. Any help which leads to a solution is greatly appreciated.

alB 18:10 07 Feb 05

This link will give you a test to see which version of Java you have and also instructions on how to enable it in your browser...alB

click here

ade.h 18:37 07 Feb 05

Thanks for the link. I have installed what was described as the latest version of Sun Java (I thought it would be a Microsoft thing, not Sun) and have tried to access my course again.

It's still blank.

I am struggling to get to grips with how to fine tune Java in the Security/Trusted Sites options. Could someone please advise me on how to get pop-ups to display correctly?

ade.h 18:42 07 Feb 05

I have just tried disabling my firewall very breifly before trying to open the link to the pop-up window; no change, so it's definitely not the firewall's fault.

Jackcoms 18:43 07 Feb 05

Are you running a pop-up blocker?

If so, try disabling it.

ade.h 18:45 07 Feb 05

No pop-up blocker, Jackcoms.

alB 19:27 07 Feb 05

Just as a matter of interest and elimination, could you post a link to the site you're trying to access, it might be a problem from their end...alB

ade.h 19:38 07 Feb 05

I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to view the part of the site that uses pop-ups; it's log-in only and unique to each student, like a bank website.

ade.h 19:41 07 Feb 05

I'll post a new thread, with a link to this one, asking for any other Learn Direct users to respond; they might have experienced the same problem.

alB 20:16 07 Feb 05

Yes, I thought it might be, Good idea to setup a new thread though, maybe also e-mail learn direct and put the question to them. ...alB

Djohn 20:21 07 Feb 05

I've replied in your new thread with the link for plug-ins that you need for the course. They can be obtained from click here

I've been with them for almost a year now so please ask if you require any more help, but in your other thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…