How can I fix Wireless Router Timeouts?

markelluna 10 Jun 13

I recently installed a D-Link Wireless N 300 Cloud Router DIR-605 L. I had a lower model before, but it conked out, that's why I replaced it with this unit... I never had Wi-Fi problems when I was using my old G series router... With this new one, my internet connection times out every 1 hour 45 minutes... After 15 minutes, the connection is ok again for another 1 hour 45 minutes, then a 15-minute timeout again... This happens without fail... on the dot... I thought it was my ISP's fault, but when I connect the modem cable directly to my laptop, I experience no timeouts at all.... What should I do to stop Wireless router timeouts? Thanks.

jaywoo 10 Jun 13

Check the power settings on your wifi adapter - see the section under "More Information" here; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928152

markelluna 10 Jun 13

Thank you. Will try this :-)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message