How can I fix my Bluenext bluetooth driver?

Ricardo Verdi 07:49 01 Dec 14

I have a bluesoleil bluenext BN01 micro bluetooth adaptor; I bought it in Oct 2010. I used it successfully for a while, but recently I didn't use it for a few months. It still works in my old XP computer, but I can't get it to work on my vista laptop. It did work on this laptop before. A message on screen on the bluesoleil window says please insert a Bluetooth device. I have turned computer off & on again, taken adaptor out & put in again. Somehow windows is not recognising it. I presume it may be a driver problem but I may be wrong. My Dell Vostro 1710 Vista laptop has automatic updates. Blue soleil is version 2.7.0.35. I uninstalled & then reinstalled this from the CD that came with the adaptor. The adaptor has no buttons on it, it's very small; the whole thing is less than twice the size of the USB plug itself. Could I have removed the driver for it? I don't recall doing so. In Control Panel, Bluetooth Devices has nothing listed. If (in that screen) I click "Allow bluetooth devices to find this computer" then an error message says "An error occurred while windows was saving your settings. A Bluetooth device might be unplugged" In Device Manager, Other Devices, there were 2 devices marked with a black ! in yellow. I uninstalled these. Under "Bluetooth Devices" there is an entry Bluetooth Bus Enumerator, which doesn't give me the option to uninstall. It says This device is working properly. Under Ports (COM & LPT) there are 9 items listed as Bluetooth Serial Port (COM10;11;3;4;5;6;7;8;9)

I've been trying a few things, such as downloading updated drivers, but the bluenext website doesn't seem to be working. In my efforts could I have installed a wrong driver in error? how would I know? Should I perhaps try to delete any references to bluetooth in the registry? As far as I know, my laptop has no integral bluetooth, that's why I bought the dongle. Thanks for any suggestions.

northumbria61 12:47 01 Dec 14

Take a look at BlueSoleil Support - there's also an option for live help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:12 01 Dec 14

sounds like something conflicting in the USB drivers

USBDeview download (free) and it will show all devices uninstall all the ones shown NOT Connected.

plug your adaptor back in and it will reload the driver and should be recognised again.

Ricardo Verdi 23:08 01 Dec 14

Thanks for your help.

northumbria61, thanks for the tip. I sent a message to bluesoleil at the weekend, & they replied quickly, including a link to www.bluesoleil.com/life/163.html . They suggest (surprise, surprise) that I buy their updated software. Thing is, I won't use it much anyway, and also it used to work so it's probably just a matter of finding out what changed & change it back. I'm not convinced that buying the dongle from blue soleil with the updated software would cure the problem.

Also I may have downloaded & installed some microsoft driver(s) in error. I wonder could this have caused a problem.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ Thanks I have downloaded & installed that programme, I will try this tomorrow. Do you mean that I should uninstall anything not currently connected? Eg, it lists a phone that is not currently connected. Should I uninstall that? I guess it would automatically reinstall when reconnected anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…