How can I find/install lost file?

loaders 15:38 03 Nov 05

After trying to be clever to speed up my PC using Registry Mechanic and Ashampoo Uninstaller I find that I cannot bring up some of my programmes User/Help manuals.I get the messsage "ERROR STARTING PROGRAM--a required DLL File,ACELITE.DLL was not found.
When I look for it in search for files it comes up as being a 388KB application extension in C:\Windows|System32\Adobe\SGV viewer which I assume is to do with Acrobat reader.Any help as to how I get this file onto the programmes that require it would be appreciated.

Splork 15:43 03 Nov 05

Remove and reinstall Adobe.

MidgetMan 15:46 03 Nov 05
  Splork 15:54 03 Nov 05

Looks like you only need version 5 - click here
The latest version (7) is enormous for a document viewer, unless you need new features stick with the older ones.

loaders 20:09 03 Nov 05

Many thanks,followed your advice,everything seems to work ok.The answer is always simple when you know how,thanks again for your prompt response.

loaders 20:13 03 Nov 05

Thanks for your prompt reply and suggestion,as you can see I took up Splorks idea and it has solved my query.Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…