How can I find out the version of Direct X I have?

six-h 21:47 13 Mar 08

Having just re-set to factory conditions (XP Home SP1) and installed SP 2, I've re-installed all updates (I think) to the present, but I'm not sure if my old version of Direct X (9b) has been updated by any of these.
Also, can I find out if my aging PC will support Direct X 10, my graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9800XL with 128MB DDR SDRAM and 256 Bit memory interface (what ever that is), it's also got an integrated analogue TV tuner.
My processor is an Intel P4 3GHz, with an 800 MHz front side bus.
and has 1GB of DDR 400MHz RAM.

skidzy 21:52 13 Mar 08

Start / run and type

dxdiag

and enter.

Dx 10 is for Vista and as far as im aware not compatible with xp.

Technotiger 22:04 13 Mar 08

Dx10 for XP ... click here

six-h 22:11 13 Mar 08

I was not aware of that "run" command!
Its been updated to 9c.
Now I know!

skidzy 22:14 13 Mar 08

Hi Techno

Im unsure how legit that is (from your link) ?

DirectX is a set of multimedia Application Programming Interfaces (API's) written by Microsoft.

Looks like someone is splitting the dll's and whatever else needs doing ? possibly hacking i dont know !

six-h 22:21 13 Mar 08

I've had a look, but I think I'll give it a miss. It's a bit to technical for me, and my machine is a bit delicate at the moment.
Anyway, I'm one of those boring old farts that doesnt do "Gaming" which is where the benefits of it lie from the sound of things!!
Thanks again.

Technotiger 22:24 13 Mar 08

click here this is where I found it.

Technotiger 22:31 13 Mar 08

But you are correct - notwithstanding my link above, it does appear that I was a bit hasty, having read further I have to agree Dx10 is not for XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now