How can I find out my internet usage?

Damarc 18:00 09 Nov 08

Are there any tools on Firefox that would tell me? I am swapping from VM to Sky but have noticed in the past that speed doesn't make much difference but download usage might. I have no idea what that might be in my case. I only surf, email, download software occasionally that's needed but I don't download music nor videos. I go on each day for about a couple of hours all told. So would 2gb be enough?

VoG II 18:03 09 Nov 08
  Damarc 18:25 09 Nov 08

on clicking on bandwith meter icon on desktop it says only one instance may be active at a time. And I don't know what that's supposed to mean. A screen doesn't come up. Is it necessary to reboot because it asked me if I wanted to run it now and I accepted.

VoG II 18:28 09 Nov 08

It should have added an icon in the notification area next to the clock. Right click that and select Show.

Damarc 18:34 09 Nov 08

It's simple when you know how! Can I confirm it only shows record since installation of meter? As it refers to today, month, and total as all figures are exactly the same or near enough. I wondered whether it could pick up history rather than current readings.

Damarc 18:35 09 Nov 08

I've forgotten how many MBs in a gb please? I never know whether it's 1000 or 1,000,000.

VoG II 18:38 09 Nov 08

No it will only pick up usage since you installed it.

GB = MB / 1000

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017