how can i find out the model of my re writer

grumpano 22:34 28 Aug 04

I'm having problems with my re-writer, which is an MSI. It only copies when it feels like it, i'm wondering if a new driver could solve the problem. Or could it be a fault with Nero 5.. I dont know the model number to find a new driver. Can anybody tell me how i can find it?

Never again 22:36 28 Aug 04

belarc advisor might tell you.

you can download it from almost anywhere - just google it, install it and then run it.

Alternatively, just whip your case off have the drive out and look for any markings. (with pc turned off - sorry)

stalion 22:39 28 Aug 04

if your writer is fairly new that could be the problem with nero 5.download belarc advisor tells you what you have on your computer
click here

grumpano 00:19 29 Aug 04

I already have Belarc installed on my pc. All it says is, Atapi cd-rw rom drive cw4801. Trying to find this on the Msi home page gets no results. Any ideas ?
Iv'e just installed the updated version of Nero 5.5, maybe this will work.

Cuddles 17:34 29 Aug 04

Generally cd drivers are generic and installed from the windows files, have you tried uninstalling the cd and then reinsalling it.

Stuartli 17:56 29 Aug 04

You can also find information about your system via Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information.

It keeps a complete record of everything that is on your system - Aida32, Belarc etc provide pretty much the same information.

As cuddles says, Windows provides the basic CDROM driver for CD and DVD-ROM drives, plus rewriters. It's software such as Nero that is required to use them.

Stuartli 18:00 29 Aug 04

...them being, of course, rewriters.

grumpano 22:14 29 Aug 04

Ok thanks for that, got the information from the system information. It states my drive is an atapi cw 4801. Even though it says MSI on the case. I didn't get a driver disk with the writer, so i'm no nearer..

woodchip 22:21 29 Aug 04

There are no drivers other than NERO or Easy CD Creatore type write drivers

sidecar sid 22:37 29 Aug 04

cw4081 is an optorite drive.

Firmware updates are available here.Use them at your own risk.

click here

SEASHANTY 23:36 29 Aug 04

You can download the freeware programme DVDinfoPro
from here click here which will give an appreciable amount of info on your drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…