How can i edit a pdf if i only have adobe reader

Koochy 20:08 12 Oct 06

I have just been emailed an adobe pdf form that i need to fill in and send back the only problem is it needs to be back in london by tomorrow afternoon so what i would like to do is fill it in and email it back. Is there a way i can edit it without printing it out and scanning it back in? i have adobe reader 7 XP sp2

Jackcoms 20:10 12 Oct 06

Try copy/paste into Word

Mit123 20:26 12 Oct 06

you could copy it into microsoft word as jackcoms said and then when you have edited it , but then MABY put it back onto a pdf using a speacial type of software for free. only a small suggestion.

g0slp 20:32 12 Oct 06

I use this

click here

for converting documents to .pdf for transmitting.

Mit123 20:46 12 Oct 06

maby this site would of be help click here

Koochy 22:20 12 Oct 06

I have just spoke to a friend of mine and they have Adobe pro. and said i can go around to their house and edit the document there so i think that will be the easiest way. So i'm sorry if i have wasted your time but thanks very much for all your help.

Thanks again

Koochy

DieSse 22:26 12 Oct 06

Many forms providers will lock the pdf so that you cannot change it (because they don't want their forms altered)- so don't rely on being able to edit it at your friends.

Much safer to print it, write on it, and scan it back in to email it.

woodchip 22:39 12 Oct 06

Foxit will let you put text on top in free version but you have to pay for the editing version

Koochy 23:04 12 Oct 06

I will give it a go at my friends house tomorrow and let ou all know how i get on. If all else fails i will try foxit as i only need to put text onto it i don't really need to edit it and if that fails i will just print,write,scan and email it. I suppose my thread title was a bit misleading sorry for that

Thanks

Koochy

Koochy 13:29 17 Oct 06

Just to let you know i was able to add text to the document although i wasn't allowed to edit it.
Thanks to all
Koochy

Koochy 13:30 17 Oct 06

Just to let you know i was able to add text to the document although i wasn't allowed to edit it.
Thanks to all
Koochy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant