How can I e-mail an e-bbok?

pooperscooper 17:36 25 Jun 06

Hi, I have an e-book that I want to e-mail to some people, it is 2.57MB....When I left click on it to put it in a compressed zip folder it is still 2.35MB, how can I make it smaller so that I can e-mail it suscessfully to people why may only have a slow connection?.....I am running xp home...Thanks

Batch 18:11 25 Jun 06

You could try installing a trial version on Winzip (click here) and sopiltting the file into several parts. But all the recipients would need winzip to reassemble the files.

ConCat (a free download) from jddesign click here might also work. Try spliiting and concatenating the file yourself first to see if it works.

DieSse 19:46 25 Jun 06

ebooks are already compressed files - you are never going to compress them much more. Even with a slow connection, 2 0r 3 MB is not the end of the world - just warn them first.

Splitting it won't be any quyicker overall - slower actually, and inexperienced users might not be able to reassemble them easily.

pooperscooper 20:10 25 Jun 06

Thanks for your answers!!....Val

terryf 20:14 25 Jun 06

There are sites that allow you to upload files , then tell your friends or whoever and they can download, I am afraid I can't remember the url but I am sure some-one will know

Mikè 20:27 25 Jun 06

Why not host the file yourself? maybe on your Isp's free web-space. Then just send them the link to download.

Wak 20:30 25 Jun 06

Hi Val,
Here are two program you can use.
click here
click here
Some are FREE but it depends on the size of the file.
Wak.

pooperscooper 20:55 25 Jun 06

Thanks Wak, I have never done that but maybe it's time to try!!.....Val

Wak 21:05 25 Jun 06

I've used both and they are OK for large files.

Wak 21:10 25 Jun 06

Sorry Val, the second link was no good.
It should be click here
Wak. And they are both FREE for up to 100MB.

DieSse 22:23 25 Jun 06

Hosting it, or using a sending service, doesn't help the problem of recipients slow downloads in any way - neither does it save you any time. I'd just keep it simple if I were you, and email it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…